Learn English with Free Podcasts

practicing English conversation - English listening exercise

practicing English conversation


Repeat

Excuse me, sir. I'm looking for a place to eat. Can you tell me if there are any restaurants in this mall?

Sure. There are several. What kind of food are you thinking about?

I'm not sure. Anything but fast food.

There is a nice Japanese restaurant upstairs. It's a little pricey but the food is good.

Oh. Sounds good, but I ate Japanese food last night. I'd rather try something else.

Okay. How about Italian*? Or maybe Chinese?

Italian sounds good, but so does Chinese. I just can't decide. Are there any American places here?

Yes, there's a very good steak house downstairs, and you'll find TGI Friday's** across the parking lot. What about either of those?

I'm sorry to be such a bother, but nothing strikes my fancy. I guess I just won't eat anything for awhile. 

Well, I'm afraid that's all there is here in the mall.

That's too bad. I'm sorry about my indecision. I guess what, what I really need is a good buffet.

Hmmm.... I remember going to a buffet not far from here. They have foods from several different countries. It's about two blocks away. It's quite good, too.

That sounds great. Maybe I should do that.

Learn real English with video lessons. Online teachers and companies design the best videos to teach you English: grammar, vocabulary, usage, situations and much more.
http://bit.ly/2JmXTC7

Want to speak and write English, just like an English person? Then get yourself an English native speaking teacher.

http://bit.ly/2q5CipY